Kerala is a beautiful state in India with well connected road network. The quality and condition of the roads in Kerala differs from one another. The National Highways and some of the state highways are wider and maintained in good condition. Here’s is some Dangerous Roads to the beautiful locations to explore the sheer beauty of famed backwaters, tropically lush rain forests and unique high altitude mountains in this God’s own land. Be very cautious and well prepared while driving in these dangerous roads.
If you are a new person on the streets and mountains of Kerala, or planning a trip to Kerala and its hill stations, here helpful tips for you.
1. Devikulam - Munnar Road (16kms) – is a hill station road with beautiful landscapes and tea gardens. Pallivasal water fall is a must see destination in this route.
2. Adimali – Neriamangalam Forest road – always covered with fog and mist, more over there can be wild elephants waiting for you.
3. Erattupetta – Vagamon Road – A narrow hill station road with a lot of dangerous sharp curves. Road widening works are in progress.
4. Mundakayam – Kuttikanam road – NH 220 is a hill station road with sharp curves bends, leads to lot of beautiful picnic points in this region. (busy road with heavy traffic)
5. Pullikkanam – Moolamattom road (15kms) - a newly built high range road with narrow and sharp curves and be very cautious. This is a shortcut road with beautiful landscapes and waterfall.
6. Idukki - Moolamattom road – Another famous hill station road to Idukki dam and other beautiful places. Nadukani churam (pass) with a lot of hairpin bend is the main attraction.
7. Munnar – Kodaikanal road – Check the below link for the full details and pictures.
8. Gundalpet – Wayanad road – A lonely forest road with full of animals and elephants.The road croses two wild life sanctuaries called Muthanga and Bandipur.
9. Munnar – Poopara road.
10. Munnar - Top station Highway.
11. Munnar - Udumalpet Road.
12. The Thamarassery Churam - a hill highway to wayanad of Kerala. The14 km. long high way with nine hairpin bends connect Wayanad to Kozikkode dists. And the road to Mysore(The garden City) of Karnataka. Wayanad/Bandipur Wildlife sanctuary with a lot of wildlife sightings, Meenmutty Waterfalls,Kuruva Islands and Edakkal caves are the main tourist attractions in this route.
|Wayanad pass a long view (with monkey)|
13. Kunnamkulam - Thrissur Highway - Smooth and straight road, but Drivers with a lack of road sense, competition among Private Transport Buses and drivers with aggressive driving behavior in Tipper Lorries, are the main features of this road.
IIf you have any suggestion, please send it via CONTACT US